Hello! I’m Jess and welcome to Day 30, which is the final day of our 30 Day Learn to Sew Challenge! If you’ve been following along! Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself for sticking with it. And if you haven’t been following along I encourage you to check out the rest of the videos in this series, including six beginner-friendly projects!
So I’ve actually already created an inspirational video with lots of storage and organization ideas for your sewing area, but I’m going to summarize those tips in this video and if you’re interested in learning more about my sewing room makeover, I encourage you to visit our YouTube Channel!
By now I hope you’re feeling accomplished and eager to sew your next project after this series! However, it's completely okay if you’re still feeling a bit overwhelmed! I have a few final tips to share with you to wrap up this series!
- Don’t force it! Wait until a pattern comes along that excites you! Ease into the project and break it down into manageable steps so you don’t get burnt out or discouraged.
- Find a sewing buddy! Ask a friend or family member to sew with you! It’s great to have someone by your side!
- Take a class at your local sewing or quilt store! If you want that one-on-one or group experience, search online to see the shops in your area and classes they may offer!
- Enroll in an online sewing class! At Sallie Tomato, we create a full tutorial for every single one of our patterns, which you can access at any time on our YouTube channel, for FREE so you have the support if you want it. Lots of other companies offer online classes as well for specific patterns or techniques!
If you’re wondering where to go from here, I've created a list of 25 Beginner Friendly Projects ranked from novice to advanced beginner. Click HERE to visit the blog post!
And remember, if you decide to make some of the projects in this series or want to show off your sewing space, share photos using: #sallietomato and #30daysewingchallenge so we can celebrate with you!
I wish you all my best, and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for free access to all kinds of creative content. See you next time!
30 Day Sewing Challenge Schedule
Follow along each day, or watch the segments that interest you the most. Enjoy!
- Day 1: Learn to Sew Introduction
- Day 2: Basic Sewing Terminology
- Day 3: Sewing Supplies for Beginners
- Day 4: Sewing Machine Overview
- Day 5: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- Day 6: How to Wind a Bobbin
- Day 7: How to Change Presser Feet
- Day 8: How to Change a Needle
- Day 9: How to Sew a Straight Stitch
- Day 10: How to Choose Fabrics
- Day 11: How to Prepare Fabrics
- Day 12: How to Read Sewing Patterns
- Day 13: How to Cut Fabric for Patterns
- Day 14: DIY Checkerboard Coasters
- Day 15: DIY Fabric Napkins
- Day 16: DIY Napkin Rings
- Day 17-20: Laptop or Tablet Sleeve
- Day 21-24: Drawstring Backpack
- Day 25-28: Hanging Closet Organizer