Hello! My name is Jess from Sallie Tomato! In today’s video, I’m going to show you the basic steps to wind a bobbin and insert it into your sewing machine! If you’re following along with our 30 day learn to sew challenge, welcome to day 6! I hope you’ve been enjoying these mini lessons and learning more and more each day!
So let’s start at the top of the machine. Today I’m going to demonstrate using the Baby Lock Jubilant.
I hope you found this tutorial helpful to understand the basic steps and things to look for when winding a bobbin. Please refer to the user manual that came with your machine to learn exactly how to wind a bobbin for your machine. If you can’t find your manual, visit the machine manufacturer's website and download a copy.
In the next video of this series, I’m going to explain how to Change the Presser Feet on a Sewing machine, plus some bonus tips you’re not going to want to miss.
I look forward to seeing you then!
30 Day Sewing Challenge Schedule
Follow along each day, or watch the segments that interest you the most. Enjoy!
- Day 1: Learn to Sew Introduction
- Day 2: Basic Sewing Terminology
- Day 3: Sewing Supplies for Beginners
- Day 4: Sewing Machine Overview
- Day 5: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- Day 6: How to Wind a Bobbin
- Day 7: How to Change Presser Feet
- Day 8: How to Change a Needle
- Day 9: How to Sew a Straight Stitch
- Day 10: How to Choose Fabrics
- Day 11: How to Prepare Fabrics
- Day 12: How to Read Sewing Patterns
- Day 13: How to Cut Fabric for Patterns
- Day 14: DIY Checkerboard Coasters
- Day 15: DIY Fabric Napkins
- Day 16: DIY Napkin Rings
- Day 17-20: Laptop or Tablet Sleeve
- Day 21-24: Drawstring Backpack
- Day 25-28: Hanging Closet Organizer
Leave a comment