Hi, and welcome to day 25 through 28 of our 30 Day learn to sew challenge. In the upcoming days' videos, we’re going to start making our last project in this series, which is a hanging closet organizer using my Rebecca pattern.
Keep bags, shoes, craft supplies, toys, and other large items protected and organized inside this hanging multi-compartment storage bag! The Rebecca pattern features clear vinyl for easy viewing, expandable compartments, easy hanging, and is portable.
Make multiple to organize closets, for dorm room or craft room storage, or even roll one up and take it on extended trips! I always like to share my inspiration with you - the name and design of this pattern was inspired by the movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic.
Congratulations on continuing your sewing journey! We hope with each day you are finding yourself getting more and more comfortable and enthusiastic about pursuing this skill! Remember, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!
We’d love to see your completed project and your progress during this series! Share photos using #sallietomato, #burkettdrawstringbag, and #30daysewingchallenge.
30 Day Sewing Challenge Schedule
Follow along each day, or watch the segments that interest you the most. Enjoy!
- Day 1: Learn to Sew Introduction
- Day 2: Basic Sewing Terminology
- Day 3: Sewing Supplies for Beginners
- Day 4: Sewing Machine Overview
- Day 5: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- Day 6: How to Wind a Bobbin
- Day 7: How to Change Presser Feet
- Day 8: How to Change a Needle
- Day 9: How to Sew a Straight Stitch
- Day 10: How to Choose Fabrics
- Day 11: How to Prepare Fabrics
- Day 12: How to Read Sewing Patterns
- Day 13: How to Cut Fabric for Patterns
- Day 14: DIY Checkerboard Coasters
- Day 15: DIY Fabric Napkins
- Day 16: DIY Napkin Rings
- Day 17-20: Laptop or Tablet Sleeve
- Day 21-24: Drawstring Backpack
- Day 25-28: Hanging Closet Organizer