Hello, and welcome to day 29 of our 30 Day Learn to Sew Challenge. At this point, you have completed a few projects so it might be a good idea to clean your machine. Proper maintenance is so important in ensuring the longevity of your sewing machine!
We recommend keeping the cleaning process simple and leaving the more extensive maintenance to professionals- you don't want to void your warranty or damage your machine. Use your best judgement on when to clean based how often you use your machine. Obviously, if you are using it more frequently, cleaning needs will also be more frequent. At a minimum, clean your machine once every nine months or so and take it to a service center on a year. Storing your machine in a room temperature location is also recommended.
Be sure to keep it in a sewing machine cover to help with it maintenance. We can help you there! Check out our June Tutorial on our YouTube Channel. The paper pattern for that project is available here and the digital pattern is available here.
Can you believe tomorrow is the last day in this series!? We will be providing you with storage and organization ideas for your new sewing hobby!
We’d love to see your completed project and your progress during this series! Share photos using #sallietomato, #burkettdrawstringbag, and #30daysewingchallenge.
Follow along each day, or watch the segments that interest you the most. Enjoy!
- Day 1: Learn to Sew Introduction
- Day 2: Basic Sewing Terminology
- Day 3: Sewing Supplies for Beginners
- Day 4: Sewing Machine Overview
- Day 5: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- Day 6: How to Wind a Bobbin
- Day 7: How to Change Presser Feet
- Day 8: How to Change a Needle
- Day 9: How to Sew a Straight Stitch
- Day 10: How to Choose Fabrics
- Day 11: How to Prepare Fabrics
- Day 12: How to Read Sewing Patterns
- Day 13: How to Cut Fabric for Patterns
- Day 14: DIY Checkerboard Coasters
- Day 15: DIY Fabric Napkins
- Day 16: DIY Napkin Rings
- Day 17-20: Laptop or Tablet Sleeve
- Day 21-24: Drawstring Backpack
- Day 25-28: Hanging Closet Organizer
Leave a comment