Hey there! Today I'm going to show you the basics of how to thread a sewing machine. If you missed my video on a sewing machine overview, I’ve added a link below. It’s important to know the basic parts of a sewing machine before threading your machine and stitching.
I hope you found this tutorial helpful to understand the basic steps and things to look for when threading your machine for the first time. Please refer to the user manual that came with your machine to learn exactly how to thread your machine. If you can’t find your manual, visit the machine manufacturer's website and I almost guarantee they will have a free copy of your manual to download.
I hope you’ll check out the rest of our 30 Day Learn to Sew Challenge, where I’ll continue to guide you through the basics and even create six beginner-friendly projects! If you haven’t subscribed to our YouTube Channel yet, make sure you do so you won’t miss out on our other video tutorials.
I hope to see you soon!
30 Day Sewing Challenge Schedule
Follow along each day, or watch the segments that interest you the most. Enjoy!
- Day 1: Learn to Sew Introduction
- Day 2: Basic Sewing Terminology
- Day 3: Sewing Supplies for Beginners
- Day 4: Sewing Machine Overview
- Day 5: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- Day 6: How to Wind a Bobbin
- Day 7: How to Change Presser Feet
- Day 8: How to Change a Needle
- Day 9: How to Sew a Straight Stitch
- Day 10: How to Choose Fabrics
- Day 11: How to Prepare Fabrics
- Day 12: How to Read Sewing Patterns
- Day 13: How to Cut Fabric for Patterns
- Day 14: DIY Checkerboard Coasters
- Day 15: DIY Fabric Napkins
- Day 16: DIY Napkin Rings
- Day 17-20: Laptop or Tablet Sleeve
- Day 21-24: Drawstring Backpack
- Day 25-28: Hanging Closet Organizer
Leave a comment