- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Microsuede is the faux suede, which is made from polyester fabric with a suede-like texture. Microsuede fabric is a versatile and affordable alternative to natural suede leather. This vegan material has a soft, smooth appearance and drape.
It is very durable and pliable which makes it ideal for bags, accessories, clothing, home decor, and upholstery. This fabric is water-resistant and easier to care for. It is a practical choice for various applications in bag making, fashion, home decor, and more.
- Size: about 1mm thick, at least 25” wide by length of fabric purchased
- Fiber Content: 50% PU, 50% Polyester
- Recommended Needle: An 80/12 universal needle is recommended, with a longer stitch length such as 2.5mm or 3mm.
- Recommended Thread: 40 wt polyester thread
- Recommended Presser Foot: A Teflon foot is helpful when sewing with this material.
- Ironing: Do not iron microsuede.
WANT MATCHING THREAD? We recommend using Sulky 40 wt Poly Deco thread for sewing with this material. It’s durable for all types of projects, and it’s great for both construction and topstitching. It has a shine for a professional finish. Thread 962-1005 matches this fabric. You can purchase it here.
FREE VIDEO TUTORIAL: An easy-to-follow video tutorial on how to sew with this fabric here! Subscribe our YouTube Channel to never miss another video! http://youtube.com/sallietomato
There are many benefits of sewing with microsuede including that it is:
- Soft and Luxurious: Microsuede fabric is prized for its plush and velvety feel, which closely resembles the softness of natural suede leather.
- Durability: Microsuede is highly durable and resistant to wear and tear. It is less prone to scuffs and scratches compared to real suede.
- Stain-Resistant: One of the advantages of microsuede is its resistance to stains and spills. This material repels liquids and makes cleaning easier.
- Hypoallergenic: Microsuede is often hypoallergenic, making it a good choice for individuals with allergies or sensitivities.
- Easy to Clean: Microsuede is relatively easy to clean, typically requiring just a mild detergent and water to remove most stains.
Lightweight: Microsuede is lightweight and suitable for various applications without adding significant bulk.