Take control of your health, fitness, and...workout accessories! Tuck those exercise aides, such as bands or yoga straps, inside this handy bag. They're ready for your at home and gym routines! Now, Go get 'em, Tiger!
While this bag was designed with fitness in mind, its uses are obviously limitless. A great bag for kids to bring to school- it can hold their special show-and-tell item or their clothes for gym class. Pack it full of snacks and take it to the zoo or to amusement parks this summer. This will be your go-to, grab-all bag all season long!
Please note that these instructions include a 1/4" seam allowance and 2.5mm stitch length, unless specified. Throughout the pattern, the following abbreviations will be used:
RS = Right Side
WS = Wrong Side
RST = Right Sides Together
RSU = Right Side Up
RSO = Right Side Out
Cutting Instructions - cut the following pieces:
- (1) 12" by 24" for Piece A (Bag)
- (1) 2" by 24" for Piece B (Casing)
- (1) 4" by 18" for Piece C (Handbag)
- (1) 1-1/4" by 42" for Piece D (Drawstring)
1. With Main Piece B Casing WSU, fold opposite short ends over 1/2", WST. Press. Topstitch with 1/4" seam allowance (see image below).
2. Fold Piece B in half lengthwise, WST, aligning long raw edges. Press. Baste 1/8" from raw edges (see image below).
3. Fold Piece B in half, aligning shorts ends. Mark the fold with removable pen, chalk, or a pin. Set aside (see image below).
4. Fold Main Piece A in half, RST, meeting short edges. Pin aligned short edges (see image below step 5).
5. Sew along pinned edge, with 3/8" seam allowance. Be sure to backstitch at beginning and end of seam. Press seam open (see image below).
6. Optional: topstich with 1/4" allowance along both sides of seam, securing seam allowance.
7. Fold Piece A, RST, centering the seam. Align and pin bottom edge. Sew with a 3/8" seam allowance. Turn bag RSO and press bottom seam and side folds (see image below).
8. With RST, match center of Piece B Casing to center seam of Piece A Bag, aligning top raw edges. Pin and sew with 1/4" seam allowance (see image below).
*Note: The Casing is shorter than the Bag circumference, so there will be a space between the Casing ends.
9. From RS, press Bag down, over the seam allowances. Topstitch on RS of Bag 1/8" from Casing seam (see image below).
Make & Attach Handle
10. Press ends of Piece E 3/8" to WS, with WST, fold and press long edges to the center (see image below).
11. With WST, fold and press in half again. Topstitch 1/8" from long edges of Piece E (see image below step 12).
12. Center each Strap end over a side fold, at the inside, bottom edge of the Casing. Topstitch across short ends of Handle. Follow topstitching of casing as a guide.
13, 14. Follow steps 10 and 11 of Make & Attach Handle to complete the drawstring.
15. Thread Drawstring through casing (see image below).
*Note: Attach a safety pin to the end of Drawstring to help feed it through the casing. Simply insert the safety pin into the casing opening, then push the fabric of the pin, and slide pin forward.
Congratulations! Keep those workout bands handy and organized in your completed Tiger!