Inspired by our Around the World Bag of the Month Series, we've selected a tasty treat to share with you from the current country our series is featuring, Australia! Enjoy this simple, whimsical recipe, authentic from the land down under, Fairy Bread! And since Valentine's day is just around the corner, we've put a "lovely" twist on the sweet treat!
With only three ingredients, this simple dessert is an easy, inexpensive addition to children's birthday parties and holiday gatherings.
Watch a video tutorial on how to make Fairy Bread here!
- 8 slices of white bread
- 1/4 cup softened salted butter
- 1/4 cut small, round multicolored sprinkles
- Cookie cutter of choice
1. Gather ingredients.
2. Butter one side of each slide of bread.
3. Either use a cookie cutter as a template and add the sprinkles inside, or fill a plate with sprinkles and place each slice of bread, butter side down, onto the plate to coat the butter with sprinkles.
4. Cut each slice into shapes using the cookie cutter.
We hope you'll enjoy this nostalgic treat at your next party or holiday!
Jess from Sallie Tomato
What a cute idea
Big impact, little effort!
Leave a comment