FINISHED SIZE: 1-1/2" by 8"
FEATURES: easy to sew | single fabric | unique closure
RECOMMENDED FABRICS: Main Fabric - cork, faux leather, or other fabric that doesn’t fray
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES:
- Main Fabric - 25" wide - 3" or 1/8 yard
- (2) Crystal Turnlocks - STS235x - available in nickel (S), gold (G), antique (A), gunmetal (B), and rose gold (C)
- Sew-in Foam - turn lock support - Scraps - 1-1/2" by 1-1/2" squares
- Helpful Notions - 40 wt. polyester thread, sewing clips, removable pen or chalk, scissor, seam ripper, basting tape, glue or spray, permanent craft glue
CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS (WIDTH x HEIGHT): Measure and cut the following pieces listed below.
Main Fabric: Cut (4) 8" by 2" rectangles (for two Napkin Rings)
SHAPE NAPKIN RING
1. Position a large spool of thread in each corner of a Main Fabric rectangle. Trace the outer edge of the spool from edge to edge. Cut along the marked line to round the corners. Repeat, to shape a second rectangle.
ATTACH TURN UNIT2. Install one turn unit, centered and 1" in from one shaped end of a Main Fabric napkin ring piece. Add a square of sew-in foam under the washer to help support the hardware (round the corners of the foam, if desired). For easier topstitching in a later step, press the turn unit prongs toward the center of the hardware.
3. Repeat the steps to attach the second turn unit to the remaining shaped napkin ring.
ASSEMBLE NAPKIN RING
4. Shape two adjacent corners of a sew-in foam square, using a small spool of thread. Place the square of foam, centered and 1/4" in from one Wrong Side end of a Main Fabric rectangle.
Try using a zipper foot or teflon foot for smoother stitching. Topstitch carefully near the installed hardware.
7. Repeat the steps to assemble the second napkin ring, using the remaining Main Fabric shaped napkin ring and rectangle. Trim the Wrong Side rectangles even with the Right Side shaped fabric layers.
COMPLETE NAPKIN RING
8. Mark and install the plate unit on the Right Side of the Napkin Ring, centered and 1" in from the shaped end (the outer edge of the plate unit is 1/8" in from the topstitching).