FINISHED SIZE: 1" wide by 22-1/2" long
FEATURES: Reversible, fast & easy neck lanyard
Main Fabric: Cork, Faux Leather, or other fabric that doesn’t fray
Webbing: Woven Cotton or Nylon
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES
Main Fabric - lanyard, 25" wide - 2"
Webbing - 1" wide, 45" length
Hardware - 1" Swivel Hook, STS139x - available in nickel (S), gold (G), antique (A), gunmetal (B), and rose gold (C)
Helpful Notions: 40 wt. Polyester Thread, Clover Wonder Clips, Basting Tape or Glue, Teflon or Zipper Foot
CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS (WIDTH x HEIGHT)
Measure and cut the following pieces listed below.
Main Fabric: Cut (2) 1" by 25" pieces for Piece A (Strap)
Webbing: Cut (1) 45" length for Piece B (Strap)
For a shorter lanyard, trim webbing to twice the desired length, (i.e., cut 36" for an 18" lanyard)
1. Join Main Pieces A Strap by placing the short ends Right Sides Together, perpendicular to each other, overlapping the ends. Sew a diagonal seam from corner to corner.
2. Press seam open. Trim the excess seam allowance to 1/4" wide. Topstitch each side of the seam with 1/8" allowance.
3. With Piece A Wrong Side Up, place Webbing Piece B on top, aligning one short end and both long edges. Hold layers together with sewing clips, basting tape or glue.
4. At the opposite end, cut Piece A 1-1/2" longer than Piece B.
5. Topstitch all edges with 1/8" allowance, following the Piece A edges.
7. Fold Strap in half with Piece B, Right Side Up. Position one end 1/4" in from the end underneath. Hold the end in place with sewing clips or basting tape.
8. Thread a swivel hook over the extending end, then fold end to encase the hardware and shorter strap end. Hold with sewing clips.
9. Topstitch across strap, near hardware, pivot, then topstitch remaining edges, following previous topstitching.
And, drumroll please for the finished result...
We hope you enjoyed this easy, step-by-step Blog post about how to create the Easy Lanyard Pattern! Click here to get more inspiration for how to display your favorite buttons and pins!
Have a sew wonderful day!
-Maleea at Sallie Tomato