Packaged 1/2 Yard Cut: Garden Party Cork Fabric
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
This premium, cork fabric, also known as cork leather, is easy-to-sew through, pliable, and durable. Cork fabric has a similar handle to faux leather or genuine leather because it is soft, smooth, and pliable. It is not hard or brittle.
Its unique properties, eco-friendliness, and aesthetic appeal make it a versatile material for various projects. It can be used for bags, straps and handles, wallets, craft projects, applique, embroidery, home decor, and more.
Our high-quality cork fabric consists of a thin layer of 100% cork adhered to a fabric support backing, which is often a blend of polyester, cotton, and polyurethane. Our cork fabric can be found in a variety of thicknesses, textures, prints, and colors.
- Size: 1mm thick, at least 25” wide by length of fabric purchased
Fabric Backing: Woven Blend
Recommended Needle: A 80/12 microtex or topstitch needle is recommended, with a longer stitch length such as 2.5mm or 3mm.
Recommended Thread: 40 wt polyester thread
- Recommended Presser Foot: A Teflon foot or roller foot is helpful when sewing with this material.
- Ironing: Use a medium temperature, ironing from the backside. Apply steam to help relax the fabric and remove creases.
WANT MATCHING THREAD? We recommend using Sulky 40 wt Poly Deco thread for sewing with this material. It’s durable for all types of projects, and it’s great for both construction and topstitching. It has a shine for a professional finish.
FREE VIDEO TUTORIAL: An easy-to-follow video tutorial on how to sew with this fabric here! Subscribe our YouTube Channel to never miss another video! http://youtube.com/sallietomato
There are many benefits of sewing with cork fabric including that it is:
Easy to Cut & Sew - You don’t need any special tools or equipment to sew with cork fabric. View our growing collection of Sewing Patterns to find a project to use with this unique material.
Sustainable - Cork fabric is considered an eco-friendly material because it is harvested from the renewable bark of cork oak trees. The harvesting process does not harm the trees, and they continue to grow and produce cork for many years.
- Lightweight - 50% of its volume is air! This makes it ideal for bags.
- Washable & Stain Resistant - Simply wipe clean with soap and water periodically.
- Hypoallergenic - Cork fabric is resistant to dust, making it very unlikely to cause an allergic reaction. It is very gentle on your skin, which makes it ideal for bags, home decor, and craft projects.
- Durable - Cork ages without deteriorating mainly due to its resistance to moisture. Cork cells are packed closely together in radial rows. This honeycomb structure makes cork extremely durable and abrasion resistant.
- Water Resistant & Antimicrobial - This material does not allow water to pass through easily and inhibits the growth of bacteria and viruses.
- Unique - This fabric is all natural, soft, and flexible. No two pieces are alike!